Once the subscriber has purchased the Receive System, he/she can install the System. The process of installation of the receive system is very small and easy. One can do it by following certain guidelines over the website and it does not take much time. It is preferred if one takes the assistance from skilled technical personnel for getting the dish installed and oriented towards the Satellite. This step is important and needs to be carried out prior to receiving DD DIRECT+ signals.
It is necessary to tune and configure the STB initially and this procedure is normally provided by the manufacturer along with the STB.
Satellite in use:
DD Direct+ services makes use of powerful Satellite INSAT-4B which is used for uplinking the DD DIRECT+ signals. The satellite reception of the signal is being checked across the country and found to be satisfactory.
Doordarshan DTH had commenced its operations with three streams of 20 TV Channel in the beginning and it is upgraded to 5 streams of DTH bouquet that is capable of transmitting up to more than 50 TV channels.
Features of the satellite INSAT-4B
· Orbit type: Geo-synchronous
· Orbital location: 93.5° E
· High power kU Band Transponders : INSAT-4B is among the latest Geo-synchronous Satellite of INSAT series that features high power kU Band Transponders.
Service parameters of the DTH bouquet of channels are as follows:
Transponder Pol Uplink Downlink Lnb SR FEC
C13 (36 MHz) H/V 14040 10990 9750 27.5 3/4
C15 (36 MHz) H/V 14120 11070 9750 27.5 3/4
C17 (36 MHz) H/V 14200 11150 9750 27.5 3/4
C 19 (36 MHz) H/V 14290 11490 9750 27.5 3/4
C 21 (36 MHz) H/V 14370 11570 9750 27.5 3/4
Consumers may follow the below mentioned steps for installing the channels. Viewers should also consult the installation manual that comes along with STB or contact the nearest STB Dealer for any assistance required.
· Find the Installation menu or setup Programme using remote
· Select Satellite Edit menu, Add New Satellite menu and Sat Name Edit menu
· Enter the Satellite Name as INSAT- 4B and Satellite Longitude as 93.5o E
· Press Exit
· Go to LNB Configuration menu. Check that the satellite selected is INSAT- 4B only
· Set LNB Types as Universal and LNB Power on
· Press Exit
Transponder (TP) Edit:
· Go to Transponder Edit menu. Check if thesatellite selected is INSAT- 4B only
· Select Add New TP menu.
· Enter TP Frequency as 10990 MHz and select Symbol rate as 27500 ksps
· Select Polarization as Vertical and Scan as FTA.
· Press OK, 22K’ OFF* and ‘Disc. Equal’. Off
Once the subscriber has completed the above steps, he can go to ‘search’ and Press ‘OK’.
It will display new TV and Radio services. Subscriber can add all other four TPs in a similar way by entering the frequency, symbol rate and polarization as mentioned above.
In some STBs, there may be a different order of carrying out the above-mentioned steps.
Disclaimer : Information subject to change. Please check with the vendor’s website for latest information.